Monday, July 16, 2007

overview of the Ethiopian Highlands

Sometimes I wish I were more organized -- ok, very often! As our guide rhymed off names of plants in the Simien Mountains, I was sure I'd remember what they were. So I concentrated on taking photos. Well, that doesn't work for being organized.

But things always work out because in doing research to find the names of the plants I had photographed, I learned so many interesting things about the ecology of the Ethiopian highlands.

Without getting into the minutiae of enthusiastic 'phytogeography', 'plant systemics', botany and biodiversity, here's an article about the Ethiopian Highlands that I found easy to read and informative. Another place that got me started was at the World Wild Life organization, this article on the Ethiopian montane moorlands.

No comments: